The MetroWest region is home to over 650 nonprofit organizations- find one that sparks your interest and donate some of your most precious resources- time, energy, and talent- to a cause you are passionate about.
Here are some ideas to help you take the first step to getting involved:
- Walk a dog. Many animal shelters have programs that help you and a furry friend looking for a home get some exercise.
- Help with technology. Nonprofits are often looking for help with social media, data entry, and other computer-related tasks.
- Donate blood. A wonderful way to save a life. You can donate blood every 56 days.
- Become a tour guide. Teach others about history, art, or the environment at an area museum.
- Mentor a child. Youth organizations are looking for adults to tutor children in after school programs.
- Play sports. Become a coach for a local team or volunteer at an after school program for area students.
- Build things. Good at carpentry? Environmental sites and youth service organizations often have projects and maintenance to do.
- Love being outdoors? Help maintain flower beds or clear trails at botanical gardens or conservation sites.
- Assist at events. Do you love attending concerts, or get excited for special events? Many organizations have programming or fundraising events where an extra set of hands would be appreciated.
- Passionate about food? Spend some time volunteering at a soup kitchen or organizing the shelves at your local food pantry.
- Donate goods. Not enough time to volunteer but still want to help? Donate nonperishable food, personal hygiene products, toys, care packages for troops, or winter clothing to various organizations.
Visit your favorite organization’s website to see if they have volunteer opportunities available!