FRAMINGHAM – With the recent arrival of 50-plus refugee families in Framingham, the Community Foundation for MetroWest and the City of Framingham have partnered to activate the Framingham Emergency Relief Fund to accept cash donations to help the organization supporting these families.
“We are extremely grateful to the Community Foundation for MetroWest for re-activating this fund so we can help the families that have been placed in hotels by the Commonwealth. I convened a task force meeting last week of all the social service organizations in the City and in MetroWest to work together to help these asylum-seeking families,” said City of Framingham Mayor Charlie Sisitsky. “There are many hands trying to deal with this humanitarian crisis but these organizations could use financial resources and this fund with provide grants to these nonprofits.”
The purpose of the Framingham Emergency Relief Fund at the Community Foundation for MetroWest is to provide emergency grant funding to nonprofit organizations addressing the most pressing needs during broad-based community emergencies, such as natural disasters, financial or social crises, and public health emergencies.
“We are pleased to partner again with the City of Framingham. Here at the Community Foundation for MetroWest, it is our mission to provide support and rapidly respond to the areas of greatest need in our community. At this time of crisis, this Fund will provide financial resources to the organizations providing direct services to these families,” said Executive Director Jay Kim.
Money from the Framingham Emergency Relief fund will be used to support:
- Identified nonprofit organizations who are providing direct services to support the families arriving in the community, including meal preparation and delivery, health services, case management services, legal support services, behavioral health services, etc.
- Identified nonprofit organizations purchasing food, household goods, hygiene items, medical supplies, etc. for the families in need
The Fund will accept donations from individuals, businesses, and other foundations and is committed to working with the City of Framingham and local nonprofit partners to identify the greatest needs and care for our community in the most effective way possible.
To donate to the Framingham Emergency Relief Fund:
- Make an online donation, visit www.communityfoundationmw.org/donate and choose “Framingham Emergency Relief Fund” in the dropdown menu
- Send a check to the Community Foundation for MetroWest at 3 Eliot Street, Natick, MA 01760 – checks can be made out to The Community Foundation for MetroWest with “Framingham Emergency Relief Fund” in the memo line
- If you need support to donate, please call 508-647-2260 or email email@example.com
If you represent a nonprofit organization providing direct services to support the migrant families in Framingham, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.